With the rise in popularity of Online Courses the traditional concept of education including a classroom with students and a teacher is quickly fading as online learning becomes an established, trustworthy and effective way of learning. If you are a busy adult learner you may want to consider these Online Learning benefits and continue further with your education.
- Comfortable Learning Environment
With no physical classes you are required to attend you can study from whichever location suits you, home, work or the local coffee shop? The only things needed is a laptop and a wifi connection and we are ready to expand your knowledge. Being able to study from home means no commuting time or travel arrangements are to be made.
- Fits around your schedule
Adult life is busy but online learning can be done any time of the day from any place allowing you to work around your schedule. This flexibility means you can gain a qualification in your lunch hour or improve your knowledge whilst waiting for a train – the opportunities are endless.
- Improves Knowledge Retention
e-Learning allows you to learn at your own pace without having to keep up, or held back, by other learners. Being able to work at a speed you are comfortable with is proven to increase knowledge retention.
- Immediate Feedback & Results
Online learning uses a method of online testing which doesn’t require a person to mark them, meaning your feedback and certificate will come through instantly after completing the course.
- Cost Effective
Due to the fact Online Learning can be completed anywhere means travel, location or room hire is not needed, cutting the costs dramatically e.g. our courses start from as little as £10!
To book an online course visit our site
Demi started an IT apprenticeship with Drive by Websites in 2013 and shortly become South Holland Apprentice of the year.
Christine of Drive By Designs says “it’s quite refreshing to have young people in the office and to hear young people’s ideas. From day one Demi was making money for the company because of the design work”.
Drive By Websites director Christine says “If companies are thinking of having an apprentice I would say it is a very good idea. It has worked very well for us”
Drive By Websites appeared in ‘Spalding Guardian’ with a full page story about their apprentices from Steadfast Training Ltd, which was very well received.
South Holland Apprentice of the Year 2013 Demi Blackbourn. Photo credit to Spalding Guardian
Now we nearly always focus on the learner in our blog so we thought it was about time we gave the employers some attention – this post is for you, employers!
You’ve probably seen all the benefits an Apprenticeship can have on a learner/employee but do you know what an Apprenticeship can bring to your business?
Whether you’re in the IT or Health Sector an apprenticeship can benefit you, there are many reasons to take one on! Here are our favourite benefits;
- Vocational Training can help your business gain Skills & Knowledge that will enable you to work better and quicker.
- Apprentices can strengthen your bottom line by improving productivity.
- Apprentices can fill in any Skills Gaps in your workforce often introducing new techniques and technology to increase productivity.
- Introducing a young enthusiastic apprenticeship into your company can generate new ideas and encourage a culture of learning.
- Apprenticeships are a tried and tested way to recruit new staff, re-train or upskill existing staff.
- Learning is undertaken in the workplace meaning there is minimum disruption.
- Apprenticeships attract people who can bring fresh, innovative ideas to your business.
- Apprenticeships allow you to mould young talent to their specific requirement.