The important role that fire wardens play in ensuring your business is prepared for a fire emergency should not be underestimated. Along with your emergency plan, fire wardens are an important role to ensure that your workplace is prepared should an emergency like a fire occur.
While there is no requirement set in law to have fire wardens, it is important to appoint fire wardens to ensure that you meet your health and safety obligations in relation to emergency plans and procedures.
what does a fire warden do?
- Regular fire risk assessments.
- Fire prevention procedures to be carried out throughout the day.
- Maintenance of fire emergency systems, including alarms, lighting and other safety features.
- Maintenance of firefighting equipment, including the extinguishers.
- Nominate and train competent persons to assist with the fire evacuation.
- Provide information to staff and relevant people.
- Produce a fire emergency plan.
Correct Fire warden training is crucial for a safe work environment, We offer a great online course to train your staff that are looking to become a designated Fire Marshal. Check it out here: http://www.steadfasttraining.co.uk/fire-marshall-training.asp