You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the costs of our Distance Learning courses, your loan eligibility doesn’t depend on your income and there are no credit checks.
The amount of money you will receive depends on;
- the type of course
- your course fees
- the maximum loan available for your course
The minimum loan you can get is £300 and is paid directly to your training provider.
To be eligible for an Advanced Learner loan;
- You must be 19 or older on the first day of your course.
- Your course must be a Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 qualification
You must usually:
- be living in the UK on the first day of your course
- have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course
- be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there are no restrictions on how long you can stay)
You will only start repaying your loan (plus interest) once you have finished your course and earning over £21,000 a year, if your payment drops below £21,000 loan repayments will stop.
Your annual repayment amount will be 9% of any income you earn over £21,000.
How to Apply*
When you enrol onto any of our distance learning courses you will be automatically sent a ‘Learning and funding information’ letter, you need this to complete the application. It contains the details about your course. You can then register and Apply online once you have applied you’ll receive a letter, withing 2 weeks, confirming your loan.
It is vital you complete your Advanced Learner Loan application within 14 days of enrolling otherwise access to your course will be withdrawn.
*All Advanced Learner Loans are subject to availability